Friday, July 3, 2009

Shane Fell Into a Burning Ring of Fire

Oh, I'm sorry. There must be some mistake: we ordered the LARGE red batting helmet.
So this is Shane's, what? Fourth season of t-ball? How'd we get so lucky?
This year's edition is the Castle Rock Flames, coached by everyone's favorite grizzled veteran, Matt Crawford, and just look at that kid behind the plate. That right there is a ball looking to take a beating.
And in an ever-changing line-up we have Shane, always at the ready; tonight it was first base, and he took no prisoners.
Favorite quote this season: I tell Shane that I tried to get some good action photos of his batting and throwing, but the camera wouldn't cooperate. Shane interjects: "It was really just because I was too fast, right, mom?" Well, sure. Isn't that what I just said?
He's a blur of fire, ladies and gentlemen!

3 comments:

allypally said...

That third picture down is not Shane. It's Ty. Sorry to embarrass you on your own blog, Linda... !!

I can't believe how much he is looking like Ty! Crazy. Love the helmet, by the way!!

Judy and Mike said...

I remember those days. So fun!

Alyson said...

I think he's looking more like Ty every photo, too!

Go, Castle Rock Flames! rah rah *\0/*