Friday, May 28, 2010

Movin' on Up

Our youngest has graduated from Pre-K, and though I had a bittersweet moment or two as I considered the end of yet another mini-era, I'm just flat-out excited for her and for me - how great is two full days of kindie per week, plus a few Fridays thrown in for good measure? No more days divided into two-hour segments - I'll either have her with me, or away from me. The possibilities are staggering.
She's been going to her preschool, all the whole year long. She's been going to her preschool, and she's learned lots of songs. Think "I've Been Working on the Railroad." There. It all comes together nicely, doesn't it?
The Graduate, flanked by Grandma K, Grandpa Paul and Grandma Norma, who staked out their seats 45 minutes early, I'll have you know. You have to play hard ball with these yuppie parents and their camcorders.
Mama-san and her gal. Grace gave me a profound thought, in song, of course: at her age, every day is Graduation Day. Now that'll get me teary-eyed.
The Town of Castle Rock's Adventure Club Preschool has been a fantastic experience for the two youngest Crawfords, who were more than prepped for the whole kindie experience thanks to Ms. Kendall, whom both of my kids loved and cherished wholeheartedly. Still not sorry to leave paid education behind, but all the same, truly grateful for this program, these people, and this opportunity.

1 comment:

Judy and Mike said...

Wow, are you guys getting old or what? Congratulations.