
Ty's first year of kid-pitch baseball. The most fun he's ever had, playing first base for the Coach Beindorff's Red Sox. I kid you not. If this could be a 365 sport, Ty would be one happy boy.

And it's...outta here! Ty Clark's had the hot bat this season, and he's just crackin' 'em left and right, sometimes center. He specializes in RBIs and is known to score a run or two per game as well.

Baseball has become Ty's first love: he's reached the magical age where he will sit with his dad and watch a full nine innings of baseball on TV and ask question after question, which brings on this whole new level of bonding with the father figure.
Ty's nothing less than giddy on practice and game days, and most conversation is peppered with questions like "Who do you like better, mom, the Diamondbacks or the Padres? Did you know the Padres are only two games ahead of the Rockies in the standings, mom? If you didn't love the Rockies and Tigers, mom, who would you choose? You don't hate the Cardinals, right, mom? You just don't care about them?"

Because of near-constant game-day conflicts with either Shane's baseball or swim schedule, I'm not at as many Sox games as I'd like (dad's assistant coach, which takes the sting out of it), but I sat in on a great one...Ty's little batting slump was broken spectacularly, and he was awarded the coveted game ball for efforts. Oh, that it would never end, boy of summer...
No comments:
Post a Comment