
The tykes' presence at Clear Sky Elementary was demanded, and so we complied, that hot, hot August 6th...we started off with a neighborhood potluck breakfast, and, just like that, off they went - daddy and his oldest gal (sporting the Justice backpack)...

I'm a tradition and special-occasion junkie, so I LOVE the Clap-In they stage to send the kids off into another year of academic rigor and glory - check out this second grader!

His brother, entering fourth!

Their sister, entering sixth!

And, dangit, they just missed Sturgis.

Four days later, the kinder sissie made her debut at Clear Sky - she'll attend two full days a week, plus some random Fridays, and couldn't be happier about her new environment: Barbie backpack, the ability to eat a lunch in the Biston Bistro that she has packed for herself, checking out her own books out of the library. Sometimes, it's just the little things that are the big things.
2 comments:
Wow! I can't believe how old your kids are looking! They are darling! Enjoy your child-free time each day! :)
I tell you what, 6 August is positively inhumane. WHO SET THAT DATE. So wrong, it's still summertime. My kids don't start until 6 September! I'm clinging onto the last few days of summer vacation with both hands...
But I will say: they all look amazingly ready, cute, and scholarly. And you get some days completely free! Not going to lie, I'm jealous about that.
Post a Comment