
I sometimes get lucky: chaperoning field trips is just one of my favorite pasttimes. I've been on trips from mind-numbingly boring to riveting, ill-advised to serendipitous, poorly planned and abominably executed to...well, wondrous, like this one. Clear Sky's 2nd grade field trip just south of Castle Rock to the historic Lowell Ranch just may well be favorite outing yet.

What a great place, just can't say enough about it. Tons to see, tons to do, tons to learn...here, Shaner's showing his gentler side with some kind of white fluffy animal: what do you think? Duck? Rabbit? Seriously. Can't remember to save my life.

The International (or perhaps merely local Clear Sky Elementary) sign for silence...he's Bison proud, I keep telling you people. Can't I get a buy-in?

During a presentation regarding cows and their multiple stomachs, feed is passed around. Other children, with normal family backgrounds, look at the feed, and some even gingerly run it through their fingers. My boy goes for immersion. 'Cause that's how we roll 'round here.

For a purely city kid, Shane can readily identify every naturally grown food item brought to his attention. It's kind of stupefying.

Essential Shane: a jaw full of...something. In this case, spaghetti squash. And you can bet your sweet bippy he's never going to be served that at home. Enjoy while you can, brothah.
No comments:
Post a Comment