Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Bass Pro Shops? Seriously? This is a Blog Entry?

No, really, I'm with you: ordinarily, if I were to stumble upon an entire blog post devoted to a family's visit to the nearest Bass Pro Shops, I'd cringe and scroll right past. I might even silently and even snidely grumble: "Did they do nothing else of importance in the month of December?"
But this holiday break, that glorious edifice beckoned on a cold, cold day, and we didn't emerge for nearly 4 hours. It was simply too good to be true. Taxidermy-treated bear, elk, moose, you name it, in addition to a 7-ft. tank of fish, rock wall, ATV and boat displays, weapons to handle, and a fantastic Santa's Village. I'm not kidding. Four hours. And I had to drag them out.
The fellas, wrestling. Should have warned you, I know the shock is stupefying.
The great wish of the young'uns hearts would be to procure an actual ATV. But just think of the insurance premiums - for the machinery and the medical bills.
Couldn't resist this shot. This is what home looked like at the turn of the last century. Precious. The view north from Wilcox Street. Or is it Perry? I can never tell them apart.
The major draw for the fellas was the RC cars - since every remote control device brought into the Crawford household is broken within minutes, I often forget the pure joy the boys experience.
Seriously. Look at those faces.
We wrapped up the afternoon with the climbing wall, of which Shane, naturally, made short work. Then we paid for our gingerbread sleigh kit, left the premises with many promises of a speedy return, and indulged in Cold Stone at Northfield Stapleton. Because we're on vacation, that's why.

No comments: