
Valentine's Day is a favorite 'round here...

Shane's classroom party was, well...not run by me. Which is perfectly fine, believe me. It was just a little lighter on pure junk and craziness than the other parties, which, again, is perfectly fine. I just subscribe to the school that they have 3 parties per year, and can't we cut 'em some slack? Feed them something besides grapes and cheese and crackers?

They were handed a worksheet asking them to sort their hearts and estimate how many they could stack in order to create a 3 in' in diameter square, and other such brainiac delights. I get that they're the 'smart' kids, but...no. It's perfectly fine. Shut up, Linda.

But I can't shut up. After all the fun of estimating lengths, they retreated to the rug for cards. Oh, it's lamentable. "Do you remember your 2nd grade Valenting party, Shane?" "Sure! We played cards."

Ty's 4th grade room had a breakfast, and as I was running between his and Eve's simultaneously scheduled soirees (don't ask), I missed a lot of the shenanigans, but apparently, Trevor coveted Ty's box.

I've run the ol' pick-up-the-hearts-with-chopsticks game many a time, and 4th grade always seems to be the perfect time to kick it out - Ty was disappointed he didn't clean up the competition, but those are life lessons I'm only too happy to impart in a holiday setting.

All of the evidence points toward my child eating a Twinkie at 9:30 a.m., and I swear that no one brought them in. It's a mystery.

Ty was a proud participant in the Student Countil candy-gram fundraiser, and each of the Crawford kids received them from the parental units - can't say we're not supportive! At times overtaxed and overextended, but never unsupportive.

Pucker up.

The delivery went smoothly, no complications.

Part of the kindergarten festivities involved the crafting of these chenille-stem bracelets - it was all about creating patterns. We also had them decorate cookies, the thicker the frosting, the better.

We then headed home for our annual reception of mylar balloons, chocoates and Gigi's cupcakes, which boast a good 2" of frosting, guaranteed to make any consumer violently ill. We can't wait to do it again.
1 comment:
That is some cookie!
Post a Comment