Thursday, September 6, 2012

These Are But Two of our Favorite Things...

 Some of you may not know. So I'm here to tell ya. The Denver Broncos have procured the services of one Peyton Manning at the quarterback position.
We're excited about that.
Now that the Broncos hold Training Camp sessions in the south Denver metro area (technically Englewood), attending is much more convenient than it was back in the day when Dad and I trekked in Greeley to watch Elway break the fingers of unsuspecting receivers...it's so convenient, in fact, and folks are so excited over the prospect of this fella taking snaps in the Mile High City, that the daily attendance at training camp numbered into the thousands. On opening day there were 4,000-something; on our second day, about 10 days later, we were among the over 5,000. We waited for loaves and fishes...I can't even finish that sentence. Too sacreligious. 
 Some of you may not know that we swim, either. We do. A lot. This particular shot captures the bliss of a twilight swim at Gilbert Pool in Castle Rock, when the park was closed to residents for a private party for the brave souls (and their families) who coach youth sports for the Rec League. We're continually grateful Matt devotes such a large chunk of his time to his own kids and those in the community - walkin' the talk, that boy.
 Did I mention we attended Broncos Training Camp? I did? Huh.
 Has it been sufficiently illustrated, the degree to which our little family appreciates the on- and off-the-field talents of one Peyton Manning? Grace didn't think so, and took it upon herself to illustrate some more.
 Swimming. Or, rather, splashing and squealing.
Evie and Gracie. Neither swimming or Peyton-ing. But it was cute.
Our summer was a scorcher, nigh unbearable, and I'm a little incredulous that Grace found occasion to wear a cardigan, quite frankly.


No comments: