Only a little behind...Fall break put us a bit behind the 8-ball with pumpkin patches this year...luckily, the Castle Rock Safeway tricks out their storefront just enough to make it festive on a Saturday night when you're just straight outta luck for find a pumpkin in a timely fashion before the Sabbath is upon you...
Always have a soft spot for the Great Pumpkin believers out there. Talk about keepin' the faith.
Not a fan of the gutting. No one quite has texture issues the way I've got texture issues (what a difference it would have made for me as a kid if they knew then what they know now...), but Grace and Ty are reasonably gut-averse. I'm exploiting her pain. Bad mother.
Shane has no fear of guts or seeds or knives or, anything, actually. That's a boss carving job if I say so myself.
Took the elder princess two days to create this masterpiece...can you see Cinderella inside the carriage? Yeah, we copied from Pinterest. And, yeah, the Pinterest version was much more elaborate. And, I suspect, posted by someone who doesn't have four kids with extracurricular activities. And a church calling. And a sick dog. Don't forget the nearly blind dog.
What a beautiful Halloween...we've been spoiled in the 5 years we've been here...didn't even need jackets to go on the neighborhood rummage for sweets. Gracie is Draculaura from Monster High; Eve is Finn from 'Adventure Time', and I put in an appearance as Cruella for the first time in many moons. Grace toured with neighbors, Shane went with a friend from school, Eve and Ty joined friend Corey...and Matt and me? We just took turns answering the door and watching Charlie Brown. Bliss.
Cavity patrol! That's a pretty good haul, there, fella.
I let the kids eat all of this. I really do. Just not all at once.
Aw, she's sweet enough already, right?



No comments:
Post a Comment