Sunday, April 12, 2009

Snow, a.k.a. particles of water vapor which when frozen in the upper air fall to the earth as soft, white, crystalline flakes

While I'd be insincere in declaring that we haven't throughly loved our Colorado "California winter" this season, the lack of snow has taken some of the romance out of the experience...because Mother Nature has a sense of humor, she waited until Spring Break to unleash a SERIOUS blizzard, which evaporated a mere two days later. In the interim, off to the Back 40 the Crawfords go!
Pre-excursion...only took 20 minutes to locate all the gloves, snow boots and hats pictured here: buried at the very bottom of the "ski" pile they were, unused all season.
The snow creature...of whose destruction we have particularly gruesome and disturbing video. For your sake, I opt not to show it here. But if it surfaces on Nightline in a documentary about children and violence, don't say I didn't warn ya.

2 comments:

Alyson said...

All winter long, I've been saying, "Snow. Yay, snow. We need it. Gives us water in the summer and all that." But I tell ya what, when the snow starts in earnest at the end of March, I'm not such a fan. Grr.

Glad the Crawfords managed to make the best of it. And that it was fleeting.

Kiora said...

Your family is darling. Your dog has gotten huge. He is so handsome.