
Evie's end-of-year party for 4th grade...she and Emily, chowing on their sundaes. Emily's been a great relief to all of us: Eve's a friendly and outgoing girl, but finding a realy soul-mate-best-friend for her here in Colorado has been a challenge, and Emily's been what mommy prays for: solid, honest, loyal, and just loves Eve for who she is. Sigh of relief.

After her 80th go-round on those spinny-things...no vomiting!

Just hangin' around...no pictures of Eve and her teacher, Mr. Deck, but to say she's loved his class is an understatement. The lament of education is that there are so few male teachers, and, especially for the older kiddos, those men can be life-changing (had one myself in 5th grade, one Full-Metal-Jacket caliber instructor we called Mr. Kulwicki, who I also happened to know as "dad") and, back in September, I assured her that she'd never forget this experience. Hope I'm right, he was fabulous.
Lest you think I didn't love Ty's 2nd grade teacher, Mrs. Strange, think again: just didn't have any year-end pictures. She, too, was fabulous, very impressive, and recognized Ty for the quick study he is. We will miss her and her amazing cow-filled classroom. Mooo!
No comments:
Post a Comment