
All Hallow's Eve.

Halloween is a mere notch beneath Christmas in this hacienda...we nabbed the crew on this gorgeous late October afternoon many hours after the 7 a.m. warm-up for Eve's far-away swim meet, and immediately before we put socks on Shane and headed up the street to a neighborhood open house. Hated to blow them off early, but it must needs be that we race home for our traditional mummy dogs and orange soda floats, and the usual wrangling over whether or not their candy buckets were sufficient for their needs. Daddy did the honors this year, while I stayed home, doling out candy to hardly anybody at all. Hmph.
The boys suffered the worst indignity possible this holiday: mom ordered the wrong costume size for the coveted Clone Trooper WITH FULL HELMET costume , and were forced to wear last year's gear. By the purest of miracles, they woke up alive and socially acceptable the very next morning and every day thereafter.

The mammoth snowstorm three days prior to Halloween held all of Denver hostage, which isn't a bad thing: school cancellations, loads of sledding and hour upon hour of movies, popcorn, homemade cookies and computer games kept us delightfully behind the eight-ball with holiday prep. The ward Trunk-or-Treat went off without a hitch, and even provided these great snow piles for our goblins' lounging pleasure. I'm sure they were every bit as comfortable as they looked.

Alice, walking through her Wonderland with all the other Pre-K students in their custume parade.

Officially THE cutest Halloween party craft idea I've ever seen, and I've worked quite a few soirees in my time. I'm horrified to acknowledge that it wasn't of my making. But is it cute enough to birth another child, just so I could use it at their Halloween party someday? I didn't think so, either.

Finished product: two carved, two painted, all cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment