Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered

All Hallow's Eve. How amazing is THAT view from the back deck?
Nothing worse than a holiday that falls on the Sabbath. But I'll tellya what: the kids were only mildly disappointed, and were actually a joy that night as they watched movies and jostled over who got to answer the door and dispense treats...
The necessary ordeal of carving.
I doubt Gracie will ever be a gut-grabber - she's an artist by temperament, and would rather paint than hack.
Daddy doing the honors...now that I think of it, we just tossed those perfectly good seeds: no roasting, no spring planting. Dangit.
Nicely done. And though I love the lighting in the kitchen for everyday living, it sure wasn't flattering for picture-taking. But, then, they're pumpkins. What more could I expect?
OK, OK! Fine! We're wickedly, naughty, horrible people! We let them dress up and trick or treat! Only the houses at the end of the cul-de-sac, however, and they were back within 10 minutes. What an awesome weather weekend - 70s during the day, and, although they had to layer with shirts underneath the costumes, no coats required! Bonus!
Alice. Pulling an "Eat me." In the Wonderland sense, of course.

No comments: