Shane was just gang-busters for this experience, and, like every milestone he's experienced since birth, the time I'm personally contributing to prep him has exponentially decreased with each successive child. With Shane, it has never mattered, from weaning to walking to talking, and on to this great moment. He excels, I think, precisely because I'm not in there mucking with his own natural, God-given abilities to think things through, consider events and consequences, and do what he feels is right.
Shane woke up bright and early on the morning of November 7th ready to fast, waltzed into Sacrament Meeting and became the first Crawford child EVER to bear a public testimony (and did I love that his special testimony included Joseph Smith? Did I love that I don't think he was just reciting what he was 'supposed to', but that our recent trip to SLC impressed something on his heart?), and that he was just a model of composure at his baptism? A friend told me that as he sat to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost that he felt the brethren's hands on his head and then closed his eyes, took a deep breath, and just waited. It was also good that he didn't try to tackle anyone after the blessing was given.Here he is with the Crawfords, Kulwickis and Prusses - one thing I think he really doesn't appreciate is how blessed he is to have so many family members attending such a special day, that the entire program was brought about by the talents and efforts of these special people. But he will.



1 comment:
Congratulations to Shane! Excellent preparation work; hopefully he'll have many intact memories of the day.
Post a Comment