Friday, September 19, 2008

I Get A Kick Outta You

With all apologies to our hero Don Henley (save Walden Pond!), here's the bitter truth
of what exactly happens after the Boys of Summer have gone...
All suburban kids go to the soccer fields, eating up their family's Saturdays in abominable ways.
I said, can I get a witness?
And yet, to have them work their ya-ya's out and get photos like this? Priceless. The boy's got MAD SKILLZ!
Ah, Shane, in his natural environment and behavioral pattern.
Also priceless: To be a fly on the wall (or grass) and hear the particular conversation that elicits such a response.
Shane on the field reminds me of the Detroit Pistons' Bill Laimbeer (oh, so, back in the day); he's all muscle and interference, a bit of jogging here and there, and pure power to the net. If it weren't so dang expensive, I'd swear I ought to play him as linebacker for football instead.

1 comment:

J said...

Bill Laimbeer? How old are you exactly?? Where is your salute to Isaiah? Rodman? Dumars?- I'll stop now or Matt will never speak to me again.