
I'm not lyin' to you about the gorgous Fall we've had...Halloween day was in the high 70s, and by that magical evening, we were only in the 60s -- unheard of for a Mile High (or higher!) All Hallow's Eve, and to say that a good time was had by all would be a dramatic understatement. Our fabulous Stake President owns a ranch outside of Castle Rock and opens up his property for all of the area wards to use for various functions like scout camp, Trunk-or-Treats, etc., and this was our first turn at the Polson Barn (kind of like "The River" in its folkloric proportions). Here, part of the gang sits ready to be pulled by the merry Stake President himself on a huge twilight hayride around his property...were they giddy? I think so!

Pirate Princess Eve and her Fountain Valley homie, Desi Messer: where did two nice little small-town girls learn those signals? Eve has found the best group of girls through Activity Days and school, can't wait to see them go through their teen years together (or maybe, now that I'm serving in YW, I can), hoping they're always this happy and chummy.

Gracie, smiling! Mark the date! Here she's wearing the official costume of the season, though I don't know why we chose to wear it in a barn...see what I mean about needing that Holiday Inn Express stay? But she was thrilled to see all of her little Sunbeam buddies and load up on a wacky amount of candy.

Now that's a motley crew if I've ever seen one. But if evildoers from another galaxy show up, we're covered.

Earlier in the day, Gracie had a preschool party and got to march around the Rec Center in a costume parade...since she'd be painting and gluing and having recess, we chose a more battered princess gown for daywear, though she's still the most luminous gal there. Her brothers and sisters didn't dress up or have class parties (the school opened "late" in the year and opted not to take classtime but rather to have a Fall Festival the next day), so she's my only photo op. Weird for me...I think in terms of blog posts and scrapbook pages, and I'm a litte letdown, lemme tell ya.

Punkin' paintin'...everytime I volunteer in one of my preschoolers' class parties, my kids have a major meltdown...I'd like to say it's because they're all keyed up and can't handle their emotions, but that would be very optimistic of me, wouldn't it? I am the mother who ruins Halloween! Just say it!
6 comments:
Only Eve would be a pirate princess...
And that cupcake looks delish, even in shanes' mouth. (I miss that crazy kid!)
Okay, the group pic just loaded.
I love your costume!!! You guys look great. And who doesn't love star wars...
Oh, the Polson Farm. Isn't he great for letting such hooligans overun his property every year? And ok, you're way too organized to have EVERYone in a good costume. What a great looking family.
I love your theme..renaissance, pirate and star wars...great costumes. What happened in Colorado?
They went Democrat last night in the election.
I an thrilled that Yes on 8 passed. Hurray!
Your family looks happy and I can't believe how grown up there are becoming.
Halloween looks so good on your family. I love the blog family photo. Oh..... if life always looked and felt like that.
We had the snowiest Christmas ever and we've six inches on the ground here so it's like a distant memory now, but here, too (and we're higher than a mile ourselves!) it was a gorgeous Halloween evening. The kids only took light jackets with them, and didn't even use them.
Post a Comment