
We don't do it enough, but every so often Evie and I venture out for a girly date...this time, we toured the Historic Molly Brown House in Denver. Eve's been begging forever to see the "mansion" the Unsinkable Molly Brown lived in for portions of her adult life (don't know about Molly Brown? Seen the movie musical with Debbie Reynolds? Then get on it!)

It's not that the house is huge by modern standards, but she and her gold-mining husband were so rich at the turn of the century, their quality of life must've been above and beyond normal. Indoor bathrooms, gas lighting, electricity! Evie was amazed at how small the beds were, which is evidence of how small the people were...in our non-historic mansion, with the exception of mama, NOBODY's small.

Trying on the fancy hats brought immeasurable happiness. Price tags on those sold in the giftshop? Not exactly priceless: $250.00 on up. We were all urged to be VERY careful.
3 comments:
Sweet! Wonderful day out for you and Eve. Wow on the hat price tags. o_O
We visited Molly's house too when we had visitors in town. I remember it being quite fun, but SMALLER than I had expected. What a great date to have with your daughter! Making memories is the best :)
Fun times!!! And i love the hat! (but not $250, love it) I love mother and daughter dates...
Post a Comment