Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Greatest Love of All

Whitney Houston provides the inspiration for this post...no, really.
Before any soccer season starts, Ty's emphatic that he DOES NOT want to play, that we signed him up without consulting him, and that it's too hard, he's too tired, and that he will miss too many episodes of Sponge Bob. But, after the first two practices, he's feelin' the love...
Ty's second season with Colorado Elite...and because if I can't say something nice I shouldn't say anything at all, we won't discuss the league further. But the coach? What a hottie! And so professional, so good with the kids! Will you pass a note to Coach Crawford for me? I think I have a crush on him.
By some miracle, I caught the blaze of white standing still. He's just pausing to do the math: how many goals did I score today? He's at a great age for team play, and dad's talked him into accepting the little-known adage: it's better to assist than to drive 'em in yourself. Pass it on!
I choose to believe, just for legal purposes, that Ty's not going to directly kick the skull of the prostrate child on the ground. Intent counts for something! But again, it just does the heart good to see your boy give himself to something so wholeheartedly.

1 comment:

Alyson said...

Oooh, how did it turn out with skullboy? Is he cracked? Glad you snared yourself a youth soccer coach for a husband. How much better could you have chosen?!