
It usually works out well for the youngsters that their mother is short on common sense and long on fun...our season's first pumpkin patch visit was in Longmont, about 40 miles, one-way, from Castle Rock. About mid-way home, the need for somebody to stop me was most apparent.

The Rocky Mountain Pumpkin Ranch was just that, but still reminded me more of the corner Pumpkin Patches in Orange County, only a lot less warm and a lot less crowded. Lots of already-picked pumpkins and those little over-priced carnival rides, but great eats: hand-dipped caramel apples the size of my head. The boys' term for it was, I believe, "Perfect." But without a hayride and pumpkins I can pick myself, I'm still unimpressed.

The haybale maze was a hit all-around..

...and as is typical, Shane made his way straight through without running into a single dead-end, which kind of wounded the pride of his older brother and sister, who claimed to be running into every nook and cranny of the maze just for the fun of it.

"No, really, Shane. I don't want to make it the whole way through."

Roller coaster of love... no bolts or screws missing, and no casualties!

I will be so crushed when the day comes they no longer find these things fun...

Eve and the world-reknowned Colorado camel...we've been to lots of petting zoos, but have never encountered a desert cruiser.

More of the same...whomever invented hand sanitizer, all hail to you! Your place in heaven in secure!
5 comments:
linda, seriously, your kids are so beautiful! And I love the name 'Eve'. It doesn't surprise me that you named your daughter after the mother of all living. I am sure she takes after you. . .full of joyous, vibrant, maganimous life!
My kids, even up to and including the 15YO, would find that fun, if their mother ever did that sort of thing. So buck up! They'll probably love it forever and ever until you ship 'em off to college. :) (And maybe even afterward! They'll drag their roomates there!)
Where is this place?! I've got to take my kiddos there. We went to the one in Erie last year, but if this is closer? Looks like you had a blast!
Jyll...NOT closer. About another 15-20 min. farther...just google it, not too tough to find, just quite the haul, especially with your ages. I heard next weekend there's one just a few minutes south of Castle Rock, there's a big ad in last Thursday's Castle Rock paper, if you take that...
it was so great seeing you on sunday! What a treat.
Post a Comment