Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Crazy 8's Tag

8 TV Shows I Love to Watch:
Um...wow. That's a lot to list.

1. Simpsons (Always and forever, amen!)
2. Arrested Development (back in the day)
3. Sports Night (mocked endlessly for it, but it was a blessed two seasons)
4. BBC America's Version of What Not to Wear
5. Super Nanny (seriously, is that even on anymore?)
6. The Backyardigans (almost too clever for words)
7. Spongebob Squarepants
8. Do Broncos games count?


8 Favorite Restaurants:
This oughta be easy, maybe...if it doesn't have a playland or serve its condiments in packets, I'm not a regular patron.

1. Los Hermanos (I'm with ya, Jodi, and all my Provo homies!)
2. In-N-Out
3. Alerto's (Fountain Valley-dreamin' on such a winter's day...)
4. Claim Jumper
5. Um...it's apparent I don't even come close to eating at 8 different restaurants in one calendar year. Perhaps Linda needs to clear her schedule a bit more.

8 Things That Happened Yesterday:
1. Grace did not have preschool
2. Painted portions of Grace's room a delightful sugary purple
3. Picked up remnants of library book Zeke destroyed while I was upstairs painting portions of Grace's room a delightful sugary purple
4. Got a new library book! Bliss!
5. Had YW Presidency Meeting
6. Took Grace to ballet
7. Took Eve to ballet and tap
8. Failed to walk puppy and therefore waded through the destroyed library book and other Zeke-produced disasters


8 Things I'm Looking Forward To:

1. The BYU-Air Force game this Saturday (supposed to be int he 60s -- outrageous good fortune!)
2. Mutual tonight -- neither I nor the girls I work with are in charge! Yippee!
3. The culmination of Evening in Excellence on Sunday evening
4. Christmas, Christmas, Christmas!
5. Sean Penn's new movie
6. Date night! When that will be is up for grabs, but it HAS to come up sometime, doesn't it?
7. U2's new album...if I can only hold out until the new year!
8. U2's new tour...we'll take 3/4 of the kids this time around...who wants to host us if they play in your city and we trek out to watch? Anyone? Anyone?

8 Items for My Wish List:
No problems here! My life is a wish list!

1. The backlog of U2-related products we don't yet own, to our shame (remastered discs, DVDs, etc.)
2. Curtains!
3. Paint! Applied by someone other than me!
4. New dining room set
5. Coffee (or other beverage) table for front room
6. That hiking the pooch every day translates into 10+ pounds of weight loss
7. That people would stop discussing Dancing With the Stars as if all of the world's problems are answered by it
8. Competence in my calling


8 People I Tag:

1. Jyll
2. Jennifer Minor
3. Alex (have you been tagged elsewhere?)
4. Gretchen
5. Julie Allen
6. Kelli
7. Kristi
8. Alyson

Sorry about duplicates...I didn't pay the kind of attention to Jodi's post as I ought!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

But wouldn't a remastered version of a U2 disc take away from the gritty underbelly of their "punk" origins?



Oh wait...nevermind.

Carrie said...

Linda, I love it, you are always so clever and witty with the comments. Your new puppy is so cute and my boys want one sooo bad, but I really don't think I am ready for that just yet! miss ya carrie

Anonymous said...

Hello? The Germs? The Meteors? Peter and the Test Tube Babies? Sheesh.

Anonymous said...

M'kay Paula.

Jyll said...

Ahh, shoot, did I have to check out your blog?:)

Paula said...

I love it! You're still YOU! I can't wait to get caught up and read about the YOU that you are today! I have alot of found memories you. You better keep in tounch!

Alyson said...

Yeah see? This post is all new to me. *kicks blogger again* I remember a glitch I had with subscriptions one day, and have just discovered that your blog was not on my following list, which I've rectified. I do remember adding you to the list (you were one of the first, if I recall) but I suppose cookies aren't good for much (especially the virtual kind). So.

I'm pretty sure U2 has Fairview on the list this tour, they're totally going to put on a show at the rodeo grounds. And HECK YES we'll host you!!

(I finally got Rattle and Hum on DVD this year. We've only had the Laser Disc version Matt gave me for a wedding present these sixteen years. We watched it Christmas morning as soon as the kids toodled off to build their Legos, and then I filled my iPod with U2. I am so getting in the mood with you.)