Sunday, December 21, 2008

You Gotta Fight for Your Right to PAAAAAARTAY!

In a psychotic whirlwind of merriment, all four knuckleheads celebrated Christmas or the solstice or whatever...the project of choice was a graham cracker cottage, at least amongst 1/2 of the kids' and their classrooms...I walk into a classroom and Eve dissolves into a complete goofball, it's not like I bring it out or anything.
Ty's masterpiece: check out the gingerbread Jedi in front wielding the peppermint stick light saber. Must have gunplay at all times, it puts the teachers at ease.

Gracie's...candle...I think.
Shane snackin' on cheese and crackers at his mouse party...props to the kindergarten room moms who came up with this one, and even more props to me for saying NO just this once to planning all the kids' parties. My biggest gift to myself this year: just showing up with a hug and a camera.

2 comments:

The Buhrley Bunch said...

Linda, LOVE all the pix. And I love reading your oh-so-clever way of putting things. My favorite term, I think, was "useless Christmas crafts". I so agree! What, pray tell, are we supposed to do with all these glued-on, colorful, twisted and decorated masterpieces? I throw them away when the youngest isn't looking, yet she alwasy seems to fish them out of the garbage and tape them to the wall.
Also, I love your camera. What do you use?

Kristie K. said...

Just say No.....

it works for more than one cause. Good for you. And why hasn't Grady thought of a star wars gingerbread man yet? He must be slacking in his old age....