
No white Christmas this year, but on a gorgeous morning the kids' awoke to Santa's offerings: the old man outdid himself. Eve scored a trellis swing for her American Girls' sitting pleasure...

Ty and Shane were left a note telling them to head to the basement, where an air hockey table awaited them; off-the-charts excitement! The hours discussing the amount of magic one must possess to transport an air hockey table to a sleigh, off of a roof, down a chimney, down a flight of stairs to the basement...whoo-ey!

Gracie received the gorgeous Barbie Diamond Castle playset you see here pictured...they all bought each other thoughtful and budget-conscious gifts, which is mom's favorite part of the day. The big challenge was keeping Zeke out of the gift room, and for the entire month of December, away from the tree, which, as you notice, has no ornaments Zeke-level or lower.

Take cover, or be Nerfed! No Crawfords were harmed in the filming of this holiday.

Christmas Afternoon (an officially sanctioned portion of the day, requiring capitals like any other proper noun) was spent dining and playing at Grandma and Grandpa Crawford's (moving here from SoCal this last spring has been a real luxury for the kids)...the left-brained, scientific leanings Ty so often displays were rewarded amply, as were Shane's, with gifts of an experiemental nature, requiring lots of adult guidance and supervision, which, of course, is why God invented grandparents.

Eve scored one of Grandpa's specialty wooden treasure boxes, for all of her private goodies.

Christmas evening we're back at the manor, hosting everyone for fabulous desserts bought from a great local bakery, to the relief of all. The Mattel company owes (and owns?) our family, big time; we keep their franchise afloat.

Star Wars transformers? Holy cow! Boy heaven! This shot taken seconds before Shane fainted dead away from the sheer joy.

Evie, Hanna Montana purse and all.

More Star Wars transformers? Ay, carumba!
Yes, Christmas day is in our grasp, as long as we have hands to clasp.
Love to you all, hope your holidays were merry, your days bright...
2 comments:
*kicks blogger in the hiney*
Okay, so I subscribed to all the blogs I'm following on GoogleReader (or something, to lazy to go check nomenclature right now) and at first I was getting your updates so I thought all was well. But I haven't heard from you there for a long time so I toodled over here, only to see ZOINKS pages and pages of entries GoogleReader and I have missed.
But not missed for long!
Your Christmas looks fantastic, the kids well and happy. I'm so glad. And I had no idea there were Star Wars transformers! Now what do I do? The next birthday is months and months away...
Looks like you all had a great Christmas. For the first time since we had kids we opened our gifts all alone. Our highlight was talking to the missionaries. It was great!
Post a Comment