It was our distinct pleasure to be part of Kid's Dance studio this year, and have our Gracie enjoy the benevolent tutelage of Ms. Joy every Monday morning at 10:30 a.m. The culmination was the Jungle Safari recital held at Castle View High School. And though I followed every procedure in a timely manner, I still managed to procure our reserved tickets just in time to place us in the rear of the theater - I need to take Cutthroat Parent Classes. Maybe they could offer them through the Relief Society?
Even as far back as we were, you've gotta be impressed with my zoom lens.
The tap routine was delivered courtesy of 'Never Smile at a Crocodile', and here Gracie demonstrates 'He's imagning how well you'd fit within his skin.'
Jazz hands!
Zoom lens not so impressive here. The ballet routine had some kind of nondescript ballet-type title, but as a group they were called the Jungle Vines, and we were knocked out by those costumes. Gorgeous in the extreme.
Some kind of complicated hand-holding maneuver they pulled off without a hitch.
Brava, prima ballerina! We loved that the recital fee covered the costume, a DVD of the performance and this rose...as much time and energy as I try to lavish on this crew, I always fail to bring flowers at the end of a performance. So many thanks to Kid's Dance for compensating for my failures. At a reasonable price.
The entourage, clockwise from back: Grandma Norma, Evie, Grandma K, Grandpa, Gracie and Shane (fresh from that morning's swim meet, as was the dancer). Dad and Ty were present, but had to run right out the door once she finished for Ty's afternoon baseball game. I love these moments: always amazed at how much love and support she enjoys, how many resources are at her disposal. Blessed little girl.



No comments:
Post a Comment