Thank you, Mr. Mantle. For loquaciously justifying our decision to drive to hell and gone several times a day, from sport to sport, all year long. A Yankee has crystallized my thoughts precisely. That's SO unlikely.
Part 2 of our 2011 edition of Crawford Boys' Baseball...
Shane played with the Ghosts in the second half of his two-sport season, and, what can I say? He's just a natural. He's such a natural that he spends a good deal of time telling the other kids how they could improve. I can only assume it does wonder for morale.
We're still technically not to keep score during these epic confrontations, so I don't really know how to report on the Ghosts' successes. Shane's a great hitter, a solid runner, and good fielder, though they always play at sunset and trying to snag those balls in the slanting sunlight makes an already tough task nearly impossible.
As long as he's wearing this face, we know it's a good investment of time.
These are the moments when we aren't quite so sure.
Wait for it...
It's always fun to sit next to the opposing team's bench to snap a pic of your child and hear the other players mumble appreciatively to one another: "That kid's a great hitter." I just wanna kiss 'em. If I wouldn't get arrested.
Yup, that's Sockless Shane Crawford, folks, rounding the bases.
The truly great thing about coach-pitch through the city of Castle Rock is that the little men get to rotate through positions - he's a pretty able catcher, as it turns out. If you've ever met him in person, you'd agree that defensive strategy is his specialty.



No comments:
Post a Comment