The milestones are precious and kind of heartbreaking...Eve's done with elementary school. That would be fine if the follow-up weren't so ominous: middle school. I can't gulp enough.
Continuation itself was a complete pleasure: the Thursday BBQ was great, hurricane-force windy fun (I handled 2 1/2 hours worth of 'Minute-To-Win-It' rotations), and the ceremony? Well, if you don't cry every time you hear 'Pomp and Circumstance' you're made of stone. Eve was acknowledged for a great many accomplishments (for a girl who was made to feel like a late bloomer with reading and math, she's come a long way, said her vengeful mother). Witness: Outstanding Student in Technology, Math, Citizenship, and Social Studies, as well as recognition of Outstanding Academic Achievement through the President's Education Awards Program, the latter arriving with a certificate boasting the mass-produced signature of President Obama and whatever toadie he's appointed as U.S. Secretary of Education. My cynicism aside, we're crazy proud of this girl who's pulled amazing grades while holding down a formidable athletic and church schedule. So on she goes. Did I mention the gulping?
Another middle school graduation
7 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment